13 May 2008

Commissions. Commissions. how they make the world go round...

Or keep me from starving, one of the two. Did a BUNCH of sketches today. I'm fairly pleased with all of them. I don't usually share my sketches for commissions and such because I sketch very, very messily. But hey, that's kinda the point of the blog isn't it?
Anyways, onwards to the sketchies, in no particular order:

First two are for my girl, Silvercat, of two of our RP couples.

This one is of Shaw and Rurik, in a zombified/Resident Evil-like setting. Shaw is fond of attempting to flirt with Rurik. He is too but he doesn't enjoy it when he's only wearing a towel. ;p

The lines at the top are my scribbles trying to get height differences correct. Shaw's a tall woman, but Rurik's a beast. I don't think that my inches are correct but the size diff might still be okay, hopefully.

Next is Shaundra, Lazareth and Glim (Glim being the odd pink blob there in the right corner). Shau and Laz are from the Nephilim storyline and I was going for a playful sort of vibe since they are a younger couple. I don't know what possessed me to try that angle with his face, I KNOW it's gonna give me heartache. Ah well. I still have to work out Glim's body too, I think he's a tad large but then again, perspective....

Speaking of my girl, Silvercat, another friend of ours bought a couple portrait from me and asked for her character and Cat's together:

I thought the image was kinda cute, although now I'm regretting that I thought it would be a good idea to stick a bird smack dab in the middle. I am terrible at animals.

And yet 4 different commissions have animals or animal-like characters in them. Go fig. The next two are some of the most difficult.

This one is from a girl via DA of her anthro RP character. The details are a bit sketchy so I've poked her to help elaborate on them a bit. I'm not used to anthro characters but I don't think I did too terribly bad here. She's supposed to be a fox.

And this one...guh. Six characters and three animals (one is a tiny lizard, hard to see). The names at the top are there to remind me who's who when I have to pick this up again. Kind of a family portrait of the Lodge's residents (and frequent visitor). I'm particularly fond of Sev's body language (the grumpy one in the right corner).

One more Unavisi one, this time for Sketchtastrophe. Her Butternut and Ravekitten's Ace. Butter runs a tabacco...shop (or whatever it's called) and I thought it would be cute to play with the smoke a bit in the corner there. We'll see how that goes, I've tried smoke before with mixed results.

Last of the commission sketches!

This is Turbov2.1's City of Heroes characters. He wanted a scene where the 'villain' Doctor Developer is chatting up his hostage, Lady Lawful. I did a couple different poses for him; he'd originally asked for DD standing while speaking to her, but he picked this one at the end.

These last two aren't sketches so much as WiP's, pictures for my own pleasure at it were (even if I wanna pull out my hair sometimes).

First one is my Unavisi brothers, Devil on the left and Numbat on the right. Dev's hair is a pain in the ass but I love it. I'm really warming up to his character, despite the fact that he's not turning out to be 'nice'. He's actually...quite selfish and self-interested. I'm also thinking his voice sounds like the guy who played Dorian Grey in "The League of Extraordinary Gentleman". That or Mick Jagger. One of the two. /tangent



And this one. This one I'm going to finish even if it KILLS me. I love it so much right now. I already hate the fact I've covered up so much of the background-o-DOOM but I want the scene to feel crowded. I'd also love to drabble about what the hell is going on but I don't know if I can do it by myself.

I also have plans to turn it into one of those tabloid pics too...complete with scandalous article. I've always wanted to do an image like a magazine layout, with text and everything.

Well, that's all for today. Ciao lovies!

No comments: