30 September 2008

Drama interrupts creativity....

Mood is.......: thoughtful
Listening to..:
Watching......: videos on VH1
...film at 11? I dunno. I sometimes write weird titles, although it is true. I had drama at DA, and then drama surrounding getting a job which jerked any progress I've been making to a halt. But I've picked up again and I have goodies to share.

Speaking of DA, I have left it for Paperdemon. PD isn't perfect but I already had the start of a gallery there and it isn't any worse than the rest. Better than sheezy at least. Here are a couple thumbnails to one finished pic and one sketch:

Movie_Go_Boom_by_pariahsdreamAny_Ol39_Corner_Will_Do_by_pariahsdream

I like that they offer the thumbnails but jeez, could they be any smaller? O_< The sketch I'm rather frustrated with. I don't think it's dynamic enough but I'll figure it out.





Done on Tegaki but not posted. I like the general idea of the character I have here and I think I'll flesh her out. Since about high school, I've been intrigued with the Beauty and the Beast theme in reverse- making the female a hideous monster and the man handsome. When I was IN high school the story was very emo and all about unrequited love. But there might be a nugget of gold in there. I don't want to rely on secondary sex characteristics to define her as female but I hem and haw over lopping off her breasts. I think I'll keep her eyes mostly human since that's usually where people look. But yeah, long ramble on a quick scribble.



Before I even moved to my current state, I have wanted to do a drawn crossover between the McManus brothers of "Boondock Saints" and the Winchester boys of "Supernatural". I just love the thought of them drinking and telling each other wild stories. I picked this up again to sketch where I've added the two papas- which has led to the weird empty space in the corner there. I gotta fix that. Suggestions are welcome btw.



This is actually a slightly older image of my Italian 'Stallone' Gianni. He is being put up for the 3rd round in the Black Tears club and I thought, as an Italian and not a Russian, he wouldn't have the initiation tattoo. So what would he wear? I decided that a diamond worn descretely would work (in Russian prison culture diamonds signify informant/betrayer). I added the four smaller diamonds in the middle to represent his three brothers and father- and to double as a sort of 'cross' design.



What I'm actually working on right now. Commission for my girl, Ruthie of another set of our RP characters, this time in a Robin Hood 'verse. Guy of Gisbourne and Fayth. Originally this was just supposed to be a double portrait but I liked my idea too much to get rid of their lower bodies. I always wanted to contribute to Mel's 'dudes in distress' theme. ;p So while this is sort of reflecting an RP scene, he had more clothes on in it and wasn't on his knees. Heh.



Collage of sketches that may or may never get finished. All mafiya related. I'm particularly fond of the brothers beating up on Gigi in the right corner. Marcelo looks like a steriod freak but I think that works for his character.

Also, I uploaded it to show people I can't draw pronz. Not that you can see it here, but trust me.



So when I ran the 'diamond instead of the regular tat' across to the BT Boss lady, her original thought at hearing tattoo was 'horseshoe on his (Gianni's) ass'. Which cracked me the hell up and now my poor boy is going to wake up with a hangover and a tattoo that makes him look like a My Little Pony.

I am a sick, sick girl. XD



Boy you'd think I had mafiya on the brain eh? Just inking Gigi's family- and fixing Marcelo's weird hair/face descrepancy. This is much better.

That's it for now. I wanna draw Julie and Zeke from my Prodigals universe. Zeke has been chatting at me lately, letting me get to know him better. He's quite a bit more laidback than I originally pictured him. Less knight-in-shining armor but still a good man.

Julie just wants a fashion update. I'm thinking possibly rockabilly meets Stevie Nicks. Must ponder.

Ciao lovies!

No comments: